• Attended the Massage Institute of New England, 1984-1985. Graduated with LMT certification, 1985
• Studied with Zero Balancing founder Fritz Smith, M.D. 1985-1991
• Studied with Craniosacral Therapy founder John Upledger, D.O., 1988
• Member of The National Sports Massage Team, 1988-1992
• Anatomy Instructor, Massage Institute of New England, 2003-2004
• Attended The San Francisco College of Acupuncture, 1991
• Attended The American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTM), 1992-1994
• Apprenticed (acupuncture and herbology) with Angela Shen, S.F., CA, 1991-1992
• Nationally certified through the National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM), 1993
• Graduated ACTM with a Master of Science degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine, 1994
• Licensed acupuncturist and herbalist in Massachusetts and California, 1994, 1995 respectively
• Point Location Examiner for the NCCAOM National Board Exams from 1995-1999
• Physician at Quan Yin Healing Arts Center, San Francisco CA, 1995-1996
• Private practice, San Francisco CA, 1995-2002
• Content provider for the NCCAOM National Board Exams in 1999
• Attending physician for a Stanford University Psychology Department study, “The Effectiveness of Acupuncture for Treating Moderate to Severe Depression in Pregnant and Postpartum Women”, 2001-2002.
• Private practice, greater Boston area, 2003-present.
Qigong, Taiji, and Related Practices
I’ve taught taiji (tai chi) and qigong since 1986, privately to individuals and in small and large class and workshop formats. This is still the way I typically teach, although I’ve recently added online trainings.
From 1986-1990, I taught taiji at The Massage Institute of New England
From 1996 through 2002, I was registered by the State of California as a continuing education provider for licensed acupuncturists. I taught numerous professional level qigong workshops to acupuncturists to help fulfill their recertification requirements. I taught those workshops at The American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in San Francisco, CA and in many regional private locations.
From 2009 through 2013, I taught numerous professional level qigong workshops at The New England School of Acupuncture, Watertown, MA, to licensed acupuncturists to help fulfill their recertification requirements.
From 2016 through 2020, I was on the faculty of Brookline Tai Chi, where I taught various qigongs, Wu taiji, Chinese Self Care practices, and other related courses.
Studies, certifications and initiations with some notable teachers:
• Master B.K. Frantzis, Daoist lineage holder. 1987-present
B.K. Frantzis has been my main teacher since 1987, when I first learned Opening the Energy Gates Qigong.
Instructor certifications from Master Frantzis:
Dragon & Tiger Medical Qigong 1997, 2017
Energy Gates Qigong, 1998
Wu Taiji Short Form 1999
Daoist Longevity Breathing 2002
The Marriage of Heaven and Earth Qigong 2004
Gods Playing in the Clouds Qigong 2007
Wu Taiji Long Form 2008
A partial list of other intensive studies with Master Frantzis include:
Qigong Tuina, 1988
Bend the Bow, Shoot the Arrow, 1997, 2001
Daoist Meditation, 1998, 2000
Spiraling Energy Body, 1998, 2003
Taiji Circling Hands, 2006, 2018
• Grandmaster Fu Weizhong, physician, monk and 13th lineage holder in China’s E Mei qigong tradition. Medical qigong. 1996-1998
Initiated by Grandmaster Fu into the E Mei lineage, 1997
• Jeffery Yuen, physician, Daoist monk, scholar and double lineage holder. 1994-2002
• Master Hong Liu, doctor and author of The Healing Art of Qigong. Medical qigong and Daoist yoga, 1999-2003
• Paul Dong (author of Empty Force), 1991
• Dr. Deguang He 2004-2005
• Dr. Cho Wong, Medical qigong, 1986-2003
• Qi: the Journal of Traditional Eastern Health and Fitness, 2008
• Earth Star, 2008
• Spirit of Change 2009
• Llewellyn Publications, online article Chinese Healing Exercises: Your Path To Greater Health and Longevity, 2013 https://www.llewellyn.com/journal/article/2408
• Llewellyn Publications, online article 2, 2013 https://www.llewellyn.com/blog/2013/11/five-reasons-to-include-chinese-healing-exercises-in-your-daily-life/
• Aroma Culture Magazine, 2018
• Chinese Healing Exercises, a Personalized Practice for Health and Longevity (2013), Llewellyn Publications
• Chinese Holistic Medicine In Your Daily Life, Combining Acupressure, Herbal Remedies and Qigong for Integrated Natural Healing (2017), Llewellyn Publications
Both translated into numerous languages and distributed internationally.
• A Visual Guide to Chinese Healing Exercises (2014)
Radio, Television, Online and Podcast Interviews
• John Lloyd's Ageless Living, Phoenix, AZ
• Expanding Awareness with Victor Venckus on WZBC, Boston MA College radio (three interviews)
• Your Health Matters with Christine Lauer, WKXL 1450 AM and 103.9 FM, NH
• Llewellyn Publications, Author's Interview
• The Donna Seebo Show
• Moments with Marianne Radio Show with Marianne Pestana, WMEX 1510 AM Boston, MA
• The Echo World, Nellysford, VA
• Monique Chapman, podcast in Freemont, CA.
• TV appearances on It’s All Write with Suzette Standring.